Saturday 5 February 2011

Activity Week in Wales














We went to Wales Sunday 23rd Jan - Friday 28th Jan and there we did some exciting activities. On Monday we walked to the top of Bird Rock (in the Welsh language this is called Craig yr Aderyn) then we went onto the beach and climbed over, under and between large rocks. On Tuesday we went down a slate mine and we had to climb and abseil in there. In the afternoon we had a group activity where we had to help each other through a "spiders web" made of rope without touching it...... not easy. On Wednesday we went rock climbing and abseiling. Thursday we did orienteering in the forest and in the afternoon we went gorge walking, this is walking up a gorge in the river. The water was very, very cold. On Friday we did the low ropes course, we have to move along different ropes from tree to tree without touching the ground.
We came home to Lincoln in the afternoon, our journey took 6 hours to complete.
We had a great time.

3 comments:

  1. Hello
    I think you all had a wonderful time.
    Wales seems very nice.
    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there. But... I a not fit enough to do all these things, am afraid of hights and can not fine my way. so good for you you succeeded in the exercicses. Did Geoff do all these things or was he just watching you? :-)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud on you my Dear friends! I know very well how good you are, because I was part of you in July last year. Some of activities even for me was very difficult ( do you remember crawling in the cave - I couldn't do it, but you done!) BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Yes, Ann, Geoff done all this activities too - I saw him in July - he is very active;)!

    Tanja

    ReplyDelete